Youth Volunteer Positions
Here at Comal County Habitat for Humanity, we welcome volunteers of all ages. To read more about basic guidelines for youth volunteers, scroll down. To learn about the opportunities we have specific to your age, see the chart below!
Read below for general guidelines of youth volunteer opportunities!
- Each volunteer 14 years or younger must have an adult guardian or parent volunteer with them. The adult guardian must be 21 or older. We allow one adult guardian per four youths ratio on any of our sites.
- Volunteers 16 and younger can not volunteer more than 4.5 hours per day.
- Volunteers 15 to 17 years of age may be pre-approved to volunteer without a guardian. Pre-approval must be done by contacting the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may limit how many youth are allowed depending on the day's tasks.
- When signing up to volunteer, please inform us if you or your child is under the age of 18.
- Photo ID may be asked to be shown. School photos are acceptable. At times, proof of age may be required.
- People under the age of 18 may not
- Use power tools
- Perform demolition
- Work on the roof
- Work from a height of 4 feet or higher (i.e. on a ladder)
- Be around heavy machinery being used
- Work with chemicals or heavy cleaning solutions
- In our ReStore, youth are not allowed to enter our "Receiving Zone" with or without supervision
- Be on any vehicle with wheels