Help build a solid foundation in Comal County.
Volunteers are the backbone and heart of Habitat for Humanity. You can help eliminate substandard housing in the Comal County area with your own skills and talents! We have endless volunteer opportunities and many different areas of volunteering to choose from. To get started, follow the 1-5 steps below:
- Select an event / day / time to volunteer (Civic Champs Event Calendar)
- Register with Civic Champs with an email and password (so we can contact you and keep you informed of changes)
- Sign the Liability Waiver
- Take the required online safety classes (at your convenience, but before your scheduled volunteer time)
- Click “Safety Matters, Safety First” and then under Online Safety Training Courses, click “Begin Now” and “Take Training Course Now." You’ll then be asked to provide an access code. Use “W8NAEBTG”. At this point, find the name of each course and click on it. After the course, you’ll be asked to put in some additional info including our affiliate's name (Comal County Habitat for Humanity).
- Have questions? Here are the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
No matter where you volunteer within Comal County Habitat for Humanity, we need you to complete online safety courses.
For construction volunteers:
- Volunteering on a Habitat work site
- Portable power tool safety
- Ladder safety
- Back safety
For ReStore volunteers:
- Back safety
- Preventing slips, trips and falls
- You are exposed: general affiliate safety
For office volunteers:
- Workplace safety for employers
- Office ergonomics