How We Can Help
If your home is in need of critical repairs but you cannot afford to make them, we may be able to help.
We partner with low to mid-income families to improve the safety and appearance of their homes as a part of our neighborhood revitalization. Our goal is to make your home more energy efficient, safer, and better for your family's health, while improving the quality and appearance of your whole neighborhood.
Typical projects include exterior improvements like painting, fence repair, and landscaping. Other home repairs can include things like roof repairs, replacing siding and trim, installing gutters, installing new energy-efficient windows and doors, blown insulation and more.
Do You Qualify?
To qualify for Comal County Habitat for Humanity's home repair program, you must meet the following criteria:
- The home must be owner-occupied and your primary residence
- The home must be located within Comal County
- The necessary repairs must fit within the scope of services offered by Comal County Habitat for Humanity
- Your total household income must be 30-75% of the Median Family Income in Comal County
- You must not have received assistance from any other city-funded repair program within the past year
- You must be current on all property taxes and debt to the city in which you live OR have an active repayment plan OR proof of deferral
- You must be current on all mortgage payments without being at risk of bankruptcy or foreclosure
Do you have more questions? Please visit our FAQ page for the home repair program, email email@example.com or call (830) 625-4025 ext. 210.