What is Faith Build?
The Faith Build is an annual project through Comal County Habitat for Humanity. Each year, we bring local churches and faith-based organizations together to build a Habitat home for a family in the community.
This year we are building with Marcelina Hernandez and her family. Please consider joining us to help a deserving family and be the hands and feet of Christ in Comal County.
How can my church/faith-based organization help?
When a church commits to be a partner in the Faith Build, it is a commitment of prayer, labor and financial support to complete the construction of the home.
1. Prayer: We all know the power of prayer.When we have congregations supporting the family through blessings and good will, it has a tremendous impact on every person involved in the process.
2. Labor: We ask each Partner Church/Faith-Based Organization to have at least one build day, which is a day where able-bodied congregation members work alongside the family to build the home, along with friendships and hope. No construction experience necessary! We train on the build site.
3. Leadership: Having a team leader with your faith group allows group members and Habitat to have a point of contact. This person initiates conversations about the group build, prayer sessions and how much the faith group can give financially.
4. Funding: There is no minimum or maximum amount to become a Partner Faith Group. Every dollar makes a difference. All the money raised through Partner Faith Groups and the Faith Build goes directly to purchasing materials to build Marcelina Hernandez’s home.
How will it benefit my organization?
The Faith Build can provide...
- A concrete way to put your faith into action.
- Revitalization throughout the congregation.
- The opportunity to strengthen community within your organization and with other faith-based organizations.
- Faith Build is an effective way to engage every aspect of faith groups (the youth, college, young professionals, etc.)
- Publicity: There will be many opportunities for the entire faith group to receive media exposure while working with Habitat.
- Celebration: The faith group will be invited to the home dedication where we gather and pray for the new homeowner and present them with a Bible and key to their new home.
- Your very own opportunity to be the feet and hands of Christ on International Habitat builds will be available.
“We can find common ground in using a hammer as an instrument to manifest God’s love. Even though there may be strong differences on all sorts of things - baptism, communion, what night to have prayer meeting, and how the preacher should dress, for example - we can agree on the imperative of the gospel to serve others in the name of the Lord.”
- Millard Fuller, founder of Habitat for Humanity International