What is Faith Build?
The Faith Build is an annual project through Comal County Habitat for Humanity. Each year, we bring local churches and faith-based organizations together to build a Habitat home in partnership with a family in the community.
This year's Faith Build is with Milad and Nuria's family. Please consider joining us to help a deserving family and be the hands and feet of Christ in Comal County.
Pictured left: Milad, Nuria and their sons Lucas and Jacob
Milad and Nuria’s strong faith has carried them through many struggles, some of which include keeping their family safe as conflicts were arising in Egypt, immigrating to the United States to freely practice their Christianity, finding their church (Tree of Life) and the beginning of their journey to their Habitat home where they look forward to raising their children in a welcoming and violence-free environment.
“We thought many times to go back to Egypt, but it isn’t easy for a Christian family, especially with foreign members, to live safe there because of the Muslim faith. We asked God to show us His will in our life… when the protest(s) started in Egypt in 2011 and Muslim Brotherhood ran the country it was a sign from God to continue in the U.S.A.,” Milad said.
Click here to read this family's amazing story.
How can my church/faith-based organization help?
When a church commits to be a partner in the Faith Build, it is a commitment of prayer, labor and financial support to complete the construction of the home.
We all know the power of prayer.When we have congregations supporting the family through blessings and good will, it has a tremendous impact on every person involved in the process.
We ask each Partner Church/Faith-Based Organization to have at least one build day, which is a day where able-bodied congregation members work alongside the family to build the home, along with friendships and hope. No construction experience necessary! We train on the build site.
Having a team leader with your faith group allows group members and Habitat to have a point of contact. This person initiates conversations about the group build, prayer sessions and how much the faith group can give financially.
There is no minimum or maximum amount to become a Partner Faith Group. Every dollar makes a difference. All the money raised through Partner Faith Groups and the Faith Build goes directly to purchasing materials to build Milad and Nuria's home.
How will it benefit my organization?
The Faith Build can provide...
- A concrete way to put your faith into action.
- Revitalization throughout the congregation.
- The opportunity to strengthen community within your organization and with other faith-based organizations.
- Faith Build is an effective way to engage every aspect of faith groups (the youth, college, young professionals, etc.)
- Publicity: There will be many opportunities for the entire faith group to receive media exposure while working with Habitat.
- Celebration: The faith group will be invited to the home dedication where we gather and pray for the new homeowner and present them with a Bible and key to their new home.
- Your very own opportunity to be the feet and hands of Christ on International Habitat builds will be available.
Interested in partnering with us for Faith Build? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (830) 625-4025!
Thank you Faith Build sponsors!
- Senior Flexonics Pathway
- BBVA Compass
- New Braunfels Noon Lions Club
- New Braunfels Evening Lions Club
- First United Methodist Church
- City of New Braunfels
- Kriewaldt Tree Care
- Toddcoe Aviation
- Texas Association of Realtors